Executive Director, Marketing
- Commercial Operations
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Iterum Therapeutics plc: Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company dedicated to developing significantly differentiated anti-infectives aimed at combatting the global crisis of multi-drug resistant (MDR) pathogens to significantly improve the lives of people affected by serious and life-threatening diseases around the world.
The Head of Marking will be accountable for leading development and execution of all marketing-related strategies based upon a deep understanding of key market opportunities and challenges, and which contribute to an integrated global commercial plan. Key initiatives will include launch strategy, product branding, creative campaign, customer messaging and promotional material creation. The role will also include market development activities such as physician education, US congress oversight and KOL/stakeholder engagement. This marketing leader will work closely with all functional leaders globally to develop and execute a successful launch plan that consistently results in achievement of Iterum’s corporate objectives.
Leadership of the Marketing efforts early on will be as a sole contributor, prior to the broader team build-out as the company approaches commercialization.
The main responsibilities of this role may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Leads cross-functional brand strategy & tactical plan development, including brand objectives, budget requirements and key performance metrics for measuring success; is the link between brand strategies and performance on overall ROI objectives
- Combines marketplace knowledge and data resources to develop a comprehensive approach to leveraging opportunities across all relevant customer channels (HCP, Payor, Patient, Pharmacy)
- Offers operations insight that supports analysis and performance assessments for strategy/tactic optimization
- Delivers high impact presentations, seeks collaborative participation, and gains commitment as necessary across internal and external stakeholders
- Inspires, coaches and develops the marketing team to ensure world-class capabilities are brought to the definition, execution, and reporting of marketing initiatives
- Will source, build and develop a national Marking Team as the business scales
- Responsible for building and managing the Marketing budget
- Demonstrated history of formulating commercial strategies and executing the resulting marketing campaigns; ability to demonstrate business impact of key commercial tactics to optimize investment mix
- Proven track record leading product development through commercialization for new products (driving profitable growth)
- Documented success in launching acute-care/outpatient prescription pharmaceuticals
- Demonstrated comprehension of customer (HCP, Payor, Patient, Pharmacy) influence on creating and capturing prescription demand
- Comprehensive understanding of strategic aspects of the communications mix including professional, & consumer advertising, direct marketing, web, print and on-line/social media
- Demonstrated proficiency with utilizing qualitative and quantitative methodologies to create business rationale for customer investment.
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written, with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills and ability manage multiple priorities on a consistent basis
- Results driven individual possessing strong problem solving and interpersonal skills and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment that values collaboration, integrity and accountability
- Ability to travel up ~20 percent of the time - to meet with health care professionals, purchasing customers, team members, and conferences
- Experience leading direct reports (in marketing function) A Plus
- Experience working with both outpatient and hospital-based pharmaceuticals
- Experience in anti-infectives
- Experience in transition-of-care products (prescribed in hospital, completed as outpatient)
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Analytics, Market Access, Sales, Operations
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Advanced Degree in business administration or healthcare related field is strongly preferred
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working within a Marketing organization in pharmaceuticals
- 5 years of direct people and team-management experience
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.