Office Administration Manager
- Old Saybrook, CT
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Office Manager enables more efficient and productive work by providing administrative, multi-faceted support to the Old Saybrook site. Performs a wide variety of both routine and complex duties requiring a high degree of accuracy and independent judgment. Organizes and controls the flow of work to support a site comprised of approximately 35 employees.
The main responsibilities of the Office Manager role may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provides administrative assistance to the Management Team while maintaining high levels of confidentiality.
- Aligns work priorities in accordance of direction provided by the Management Team.
- May be asked to review administrative correspondence, memorandums, PowerPoint presentations and/or communications on behalf of the Management Team.
- Maintain department files in a complete, accurate, and orderly fashion using confidential practices.
- Manages special projects from inception to completion in support of the clinical operations staff and others as needed; to include onsite and offsite meetings.
- Onboarding of new hires to include introduction to team, photo, business cards, internal distribution list and CV updates and uploading to company’s SharePoint site.
- Manage all office needs; including supplies, office support vendors and cafeteria stock.
- Reviews and handles appropriately all mail delivery and distribution and management of inbound/outbound FedEx deliveries.
- Management of the contracted cleaning staff to ensure work is performed as expected.
- Invoices, via scan, accounts payable submissions.
- Greets visitors and answers, screens, and directs inbound phone calls as necessary.
Training and EducationREQUIRED EDUCATION:
- High School Diploma.
- Minimum of 8 years of administrative support in a professional office environment.
- Minimum of 3 years of administrative support to managers at director-level or above in a multi-functional organization.
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience supporting executive-level teams.
- Pharmaceutical or medical device industry experience.
- Experience working in an R&D/Clinical department.
- Ability to effectively communicate with various levels of the organization; excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Self-motivated, with a sense of ownership for the position and department and an understanding of internal controls.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to comfortably and efficiently operate in a “start-up” environment, managing all aspects of the office operations.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously in a business with changing priorities.
- Must be able to handle highly sensitive and confidential information (discretion is of utmost importance).
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.